About us

This is the start of a new adventure for Joan and myself, an exciting new patchwork and quilting shop called Dotty Dolly. We are based in Wellington, Somerset, at 13 Fore Street (opposite the Nat West). You can contact us on 01823 660879.

We are easy to get to from junction 26 on the M5 - come and see us if you are passing by.

Saturday 4 December 2010

Christmas is coming

The workshops finished last week - Joan held the bag workshop on the coldest day possible although the people in the hall would never have known how cold it was outside as she kept the heating on full blast and wouldn't allow anyone to turn the heaters off (last time they wouldn't work again and everybody got cold) just in case they would not turn on again.  Apparently by the end of the day they were stripped down to their vests!!

We attended our first Chamber of Commerce meeting last Wednesday which made us feel quite grown up (not something I am used to) all I could think about was that my hair had gone flat and my roots were showing - so maybe not quite so grown up.  It was good to meet other traders in the town as we don't have time in the day to wander round and chat to anyone. Judith Goss was there and Joan's first words were "Oh you did my wedding flowers 36 years ago" luckily she didn't seem to mind being reminded how long she has been working. 

We have our christmas decorations up which I am really excited about - I have restrained myself with the lights as I couldn't get Joan to agree to having them round the fabric and over all the shelves so we agreed on one set in the window. Little Ben and his brothers came in  just after we had put up our one set of lights and we discussed  fireplaces, the boys and I thought it would be good to have some red lights for our fire so we could hang stockings round it so I rushed straight over to Buy and Save to buy more lights so when you look in the window and see a piled bunch of red lights that is what it is supposed to depict. If any of you have any other suggestions which involve adding lights come in on Wednesday as we are both in and we (I) would appreciate your ideas.

We have had some odd requests this week - one man came in for felt to line his cutlery drawer and this morning a man came in for a button for the top of his trousers, at one point I thought he was going to lift his top to make sure the button fitted, I have never convinced someone that I have found a suitable button quicker!!

At the moment we are in the process of organising events for next year, more information coming soon.  We are also having a Christmas Mince Pie morning on Wednesday 22nd December in aid of St Margarets Hospice - we will email everyone with more details during the week.

Hope you are all having a stress free build up to Christmas

Debby

No comments:

Post a Comment