About us

This is the start of a new adventure for Joan and myself, an exciting new patchwork and quilting shop called Dotty Dolly. We are based in Wellington, Somerset, at 13 Fore Street (opposite the Nat West). You can contact us on 01823 660879.

We are easy to get to from junction 26 on the M5 - come and see us if you are passing by.

Monday 20 December 2010

Snow

I think we have had more snow in the last few days than we usually get over ten years.  I looked out the window on Saturday morning and thought it looked beautiful but that might have been because it was my day off and it was Joan who was going to have to struggle in.  She rang in the morning to say that the buses were not running so she had a difficult time and did not arrive until 10ish. 

In the afternoon we went to look at a hall with car parking and although small is perfect for classes and small workshops so I think we are set for the New Year now - all I have to do is produce the new list ready for Wednesday.  Don't forget if you are around on Wednesday to call in for a mince pie and tea/coffee, unfortunately we can't offer a hot toddy as we don't have anything to heat it on - unless we put it in the kettle!

Had some strange requests over the last couple of weeks - one chap came in and asked for enough red fabric to cover his nether regions as he was dressing up as Danger Mouse.  The fabric is 45inches (whatever that is in centrimetres) and he wanted a 20cm strip.  Another man wanted to line his cutlery drawer and yet another man came in and asked if we sold wonderweb when I replied that we didn't he wanted an explanation as to why not - I remained polite.  Notice all the strange requests come from men, why is that?

Since starting this blog we have had yet more snow and neither of us can get in today (Monday) which is slightly annoying - apparently cars have been abandoned on the A38 and the motorway is down to one lane.  Much as I love snow I think it would be stupid to travel especially as they are telling everyone to stay home.  So apologies if you have made it to Wellington. I am planning to go in tomorrow - hopefully the weather will be better.

If you are stuck at home I hope you are warm and well

Debby

No comments:

Post a Comment