About us

This is the start of a new adventure for Joan and myself, an exciting new patchwork and quilting shop called Dotty Dolly. We are based in Wellington, Somerset, at 13 Fore Street (opposite the Nat West). You can contact us on 01823 660879.

We are easy to get to from junction 26 on the M5 - come and see us if you are passing by.

Thursday 6 January 2011

Still on about Christmas

My last blog didn't cover all of Christmas so need to just catch up a bit. 

We had some lovely cards from our customers, particularly Audrey who made her card with a range of christmas fabrics which was a really nice thing to do.  We also met quite a few men who came in to buy presents for their wives some of which had an idea of what they would like some who had no idea at all!!  The most encouraging thing was that people were buying starter kits for their children/teenagers.

The nearer it got to Christmas the more rubbish my wrapping became, I am not the best at working out the best way to make things look attractive (I can see Joan cringing sometimes) at times it looks like I am wrapping fish and chips so apologies if you were one of my victims.  Over Christmas there was an episode of Miranda showing her wrapping skills, that should give you an idea of mine.

If you are in need of a break this year one of our customers (Kate) is running patchwork and quilting breaks which sounds a lovely idea, all you do is sew and use your creative side and someone else does the rest, including the cooking.  You can find out more from her website http://www.come2quilt/.

I need someone to help with this blogging thing - I have added us as a follower of our blog (which is ridiculous) and can't delete it, what I wanted to do was become a follower of sticherydo but I have now done it wrong twice so if you know how I can sort it out I would be very grateful. 

Debby

No comments:

Post a Comment