About us

This is the start of a new adventure for Joan and myself, an exciting new patchwork and quilting shop called Dotty Dolly. We are based in Wellington, Somerset, at 13 Fore Street (opposite the Nat West). You can contact us on 01823 660879.

We are easy to get to from junction 26 on the M5 - come and see us if you are passing by.

Friday 25 March 2011

day one over

We got to westpoint this morning just after 8.30 and rushed around like mad things trying to get the stand looking half way decent.  Luckily Joan and I have set up stands before so can work together easily without getting in each others way.  We didn't even know what time the show opened, thankfully it was 10am so we did have enough time to get quite a bit done.  My lovely husband called in to give us a bit of support and to tell us, yet again, that we had not set up the stand properly.  When I explained why we had set up in our own way he told me that he had worked in marketing for years and knew better - we hope to prove him wrong.  We sent him off shopping for refreshments as he is very good at that.

Day started off slow which was a bit worrying but got better as the day went on and we met quite a few of our customes along with a lot of new ones.  Anne Baxter was shopping and if anyone sees her you should ask about the lovely tasteful fabric she was buying at the time. 

We also met the ladies from the Taunton shop along with other stall holders oh and before I finish I should just say that we are definitely not closing the shop.  Bizarrely some of our customers were telling us we were closing - this is news to us and is definitely not in our plan, unless Joan is already fed up with me and I know that if she was she would tell me in no uncertain terms.

Sorry no photos this time, I didn't take my camera and tried to take some on my phone but can't send them on which is really annoying (just another technical problem that I will have to overcome).

Tomorrow I am in the shop and Joan has a new partner (maybe she is fed up with me)! So go and say hello to her and Trish - who is much more polite than I am

Debby

1 comment:

  1. Glad you have scotched that rumour. I wonder where that one started. I had heard it and thought it rubbish. See you on Sunday. Hope you will have something left for me.

    ReplyDelete