About us

This is the start of a new adventure for Joan and myself, an exciting new patchwork and quilting shop called Dotty Dolly. We are based in Wellington, Somerset, at 13 Fore Street (opposite the Nat West). You can contact us on 01823 660879.

We are easy to get to from junction 26 on the M5 - come and see us if you are passing by.

Thursday 24 March 2011

Panic & depression

Realised how totally unready we are for the show.  Went to set up this afternoon with my lovely husband and realised that everybody else (who have obviously being doing shows for years) were much more organised with hanging things, shelving, twiddly bits etc.  Our two sad little tables and plug socket looked a bit rubbish and even our colourful fabric could not lift the mood.  We dashed back for an extra table (which Chris then decided to tell me that he had given away so we then went over to Joans house to pick up a shelving unit which I had forgotten to ask Chris to get on the way over, only to find that Joan's husband had been home and locked the garage which Joan had specifically left open so that we could get the shelf (would not like to be in his shoes later).  So we grabbed an old garden table from Joan's garden before the neighbours decided we might be burglars.
Chris then spent the rest of the day telling me how we needed to this and that and how we should have thought about it all earlier until all I could hear was blah blah blah. 

So if you see two stressed women in a bare corner of the show please come and talk to us.

Debby

2 comments:

  1. Don't panic Jones. I am sure it will all be well.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looked fine to me! I hope you do really well

    ReplyDelete