About us

This is the start of a new adventure for Joan and myself, an exciting new patchwork and quilting shop called Dotty Dolly. We are based in Wellington, Somerset, at 13 Fore Street (opposite the Nat West). You can contact us on 01823 660879.

We are easy to get to from junction 26 on the M5 - come and see us if you are passing by.

Thursday 19 May 2011

I have managed to grab the computer, and Debby is lurking in the background desperate to take over!  We have had a busy week, and I am still on tenterhooks as the baby has still not arrived.  It will now be induced next Tuesday if it doesn`t decide to make an appearance before then.  I had a phone call last Thursday night at 11.00pm, and thought this is it, but it was my sister telling me that her daughter Carly who lives in South Africa had had a little girl.  This baby was due a week after my daughter`s, and delighted as I was, I was slightly put out that it wasn`t our baby.

I decided to change the window last week and made some children`s clothes for a change from a lovely range of Moda fabrics  - Summer Breeze.  We seem to be selling quite a lot of fabric for dressmaking, not surprising really as there are some lovely designs in such pretty colours at the moment.  I have also been busy making some more bags as we have sold several recently.

This morning I have been over at Rockwell Green teaching our Thursday morning class.  I took my camera to take some photographs, but forgot to take any!  However |I can report that Sandra has completed her sampler quilt top with borders and is now ready to layer and quilt it.  She has also been working on her jelly roll quilt, and seems to be quite smitten with the whole patchwork/quilting bug.  Lesley is happily making a bag out of some really lovely linen fabric samples she was given.  Lynne seems to bring something new every week, but today brought a quilt she is appliquing for her grandson, it was supposed to be ready by Sunday, but |I am sure she won`t mind me saying that isn`t going to happen - she only bought the fabric last Saturday!

Our favourite quilt show is on at Malvern this week, I can`t go for obvious reasons, but Debby is hoping to go this weekend, much to my disgust - I really wanted to go!
We have decided to take a stand there in the Autumn, we are going to have to really plan for this one as we can`t pop home every night like we did at the Exeter show.  I am already feeling excited about it - how sad am I.

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness the weather isn't too hot Joan otherwise this baby will come out hard boiled. I expect I shall bump into Debby on Sunday, looking forward to the show. Hope the baby arrives soon.
    Love Shirley.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little dress, how pretty. Have you used a 'shop bought' pattern or one of your own? All the best for the babies arrival. Love Lisanne xx

    ReplyDelete