About us

This is the start of a new adventure for Joan and myself, an exciting new patchwork and quilting shop called Dotty Dolly. We are based in Wellington, Somerset, at 13 Fore Street (opposite the Nat West). You can contact us on 01823 660879.

We are easy to get to from junction 26 on the M5 - come and see us if you are passing by.

Monday 20 February 2012

News

Last week was my turn in the shop and as it was half term it was nice to see so many Grans or Mums coming in with granddaughters, daughters and grandsons.  Two gorgeous little boys came in with their Gran, they had made a bag and make-up bag for their Mum for Mothers day, they were really well made the bag even had a pocket for a mobile phone inside.  Its not often that I fall in love with children but these two were adorable and so polite. Just shows what impression I made on them, they went past the shop a bit later during the day and waved in at a customer I was talking to who they obviously thought was me.  No more information though as I don't want to ruin the surprise for their Mum.

Joan and I went to the trade show on Sunday and managed to get a huge roll of Steam a Seam Lite which was for display only so it came without a box (this was stuck to the wall) but who needs a box anyway.  We also came away with loads of ideas so hopefully we will have time to put some of them into practice.

The really good news is that Joan's cushions and bags are being featured in Sew Hip this week.  Whilst speaking on the phone this morning she squealed, I thought she had fallen but a copy of the magazine had arrived and the cushions were featured on the front page.  There is also a two page article on us and the shop along with patterns for the cushion and a 'posh pants' bag that Joan designed.  I haven't even seen it yet so its really exciting, it should be in the shops by the end of the week so keep a look out.

Debby

4 comments:

  1. How exciting for you. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news, well done! Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen it! And sewed a version of the posh pants bag this weekend. Will blog about it soon and post pics. It was a great pattern - thanks! Might make another - I think they'll make great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your lovely comment. I`ll look out on you blog for a photograph! I`ve tried to contact you, but don`t seem to be able to.

    ReplyDelete