About us

This is the start of a new adventure for Joan and myself, an exciting new patchwork and quilting shop called Dotty Dolly. We are based in Wellington, Somerset, at 13 Fore Street (opposite the Nat West). You can contact us on 01823 660879.

We are easy to get to from junction 26 on the M5 - come and see us if you are passing by.

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Back from my holiday

I have just come back from two weeks in Rhodes, so haven't got much to tell you all.  I have had a great time sunning myself, reading, eating and drinking, plus a little bit of exloring while Debby has been slaving away here - so she tells me!  I won't bore you  about my holiday, but did take a couple of photographs which might interest you -

We went to Lindos one day which is a lovely little town.  It is a very old  town and consequently there is no traffic because the streets are not wide enough to get cars through, which is great for browsing. It's also very cool because the houses are built so close together. I came across these dresses which are all appliqued, by machine, obviously, but they looked really striking.  I wouldn't wear one, but appreciated the idea!
I have a thing about old doors.  For about the last 10 years I have been taking photographs of them, and this is just another one to add to my collection.  One day I am going to make a beautiful quilt using all the different shapes I have found, just not yet.  John, by the way thinks I am quite mad, but still points them out to me!  This one was very old and I saw it in Rhodes town.

One say we took a ferry to Symi and on the way back we stopped at a lovely old monastery.  This is a photograph of the balcony overlooking a very cool courtyard..  Again I just love the shapes.  I got some very odd looks because I had to get on my knees to take the photograph, but I love it!

In my last post I mentioned Debby's new car, she has now taken delivery of it, and I have been in it.  It is very nice, actually it is more than very nice, and I am quite envious of her.  I am not sure if the novelty has worn off yet, but I doubt it!

For some time Debby and I have been talking about holding an event  for a cancer charity, and at last we have set a date.  It is not until Saturday 17th August, and will be held in the Orangery at Nynehead Court.  We plan to have a day where for a small fee you can  have a go at a craft that you have never tried before whilst enjoying a cup of tea and a piece of cake.  Of course if you just want tea and cake and a wander around the garden that is fine.  We are still in the planning stage at the moment, and will have further details later, but we hope we get a good attendance.  The money we raise will go to Cancer Research. We are all touched by cancer at some time in our lives, whether it is ourselves or our family or friends, so we hope to raise lots of money!

Happy sewing!





5 comments: