About us

This is the start of a new adventure for Joan and myself, an exciting new patchwork and quilting shop called Dotty Dolly. We are based in Wellington, Somerset, at 13 Fore Street (opposite the Nat West). You can contact us on 01823 660879.

We are easy to get to from junction 26 on the M5 - come and see us if you are passing by.

Monday 11 April 2011

Another week and Dawn Cameron Dick Workshop

Another week of both Joan and I holding our breath when  a delivery van turns up outside the shop.  We have been waiting for bondaweb for the last two weeks, not very exciting but really useful and it has got to the point where the delivery drivers won't even look at us when they turn up as they must be able to see us out of the corner of their eye standing and staring.  I am sure we have a reputation!  On Thursday afternoon one of the City Link drivers did turn his head and look in the window and I 'pretend talk' asking if he is coming to see us and he nods, poor bloke was probably frightened to death as I am jumping up and down shouting to Joan that we have a delivery.  Even worse for the poor chap when he came in with a small package and a tube which was obviously not what we were waiting for.  Joan's job today is to ring and find out what is happening.

On Friday we had a workshop with Dawn Cameron-Dick - Machine Quilting.  Of course I did not read the requirements list until the night before and realised that I did not have some of the items required.  My husband was sent on a mission on Friday morning (after working a night shift) to get a darning foot and machine needles, which he then delivered to the class.  When I looked properly I realised that I already had a darning foot but had never known what it was and I also had plenty of needles but I haven't said anything as I am sure they will be useful at a later date.

Jane, Sue and me (talking as usual)

Me, Sue & the back of Debby

Pat doing the royal wave


Dawn and her vegetarian chickens
 Everybody enjoyed the workshop (I think), Dawn is really knowledgeable and an excellent teacher, I actually learnt loads.  Bee took some photos which I have selfishly cropped to remove some areas I am not keen on, sadly we don't have a sophisticated enhancement package on our computer so I was unable to take off some extra years off my face as well. 


We have some spaces left on our Jelly Quilt workshop with me on Wednesday May 11th and also the Flip & Stitch workshop on Friday May 20th with the brilliant Anne Baxter so if you have any free time you are quite welcome to come along.

Also need to let everyone know that we will not be open over the Easter Weekend (including Saturday), we will put a note in the window to remind everyone.  Hopefully you will all be too busy eating chocolate to even notice.

Debby

No comments:

Post a Comment