About us

This is the start of a new adventure for Joan and myself, an exciting new patchwork and quilting shop called Dotty Dolly. We are based in Wellington, Somerset, at 13 Fore Street (opposite the Nat West). You can contact us on 01823 660879.

We are easy to get to from junction 26 on the M5 - come and see us if you are passing by.

Monday 25 April 2011

Easter

Well it is now the Easter holiday and we hope that you are all having a good break and not eating too much chocolate.

All of the memory squares have been delivered and are being put together by Jenny Dove at the moment.  Typically both Joan and I have been a bit late with ours and are hoping that they still make it on to the quilt, fingers crossed.

We are both in a state of panic - Joan's daughter is imminently about to give birth to her second child which is brilliant news but there is a possibility it could be next week when Joan's handbag course is on which is where my panic comes in as I may have to take over (omg).  I know I am capable of doing it (Joan's exact words) but it still sends me in to melt down.  Lets hope Katie manages to hold on for a few days!!! although not if it makes her feel ill - I'm not that unpleasant.

We had our first grouchy customer last week who obviously is fed up generally with all quilt shops because they don't stock what she wants (haberdashery from the 70's) and although we were both very pleasant, which I know is hard to believe, we couldn't help restore her faith at all.  Hopefully she will find what she is looking for!

I have had ordering melt down (with the help of Shirley who I did say I would blame if Joan has a heart attack).  Yet again the reps found me alone - Tim rang on Wednesday morning (my day in the shop) to say he was just passing and could he call in.  So I ordered more stock -Shirley was in the shop at the time and I did ask her opinion on some of the samples and in my eyes that makes her just as responsible as me should Joan not like any of it.

Thursday morning (Joan is teaching a class) Alan arrived with another load of samples which I ordered - thank goodness they don't arrive until August by which time I could probably convince Joan that she ordered them!

We hope that you all have a lovely break, the weather is brilliant and that always helps.

Debby

2 comments:

  1. That's it Debby, blame the customer. I would want them all so would be completely useless as a patchwork shop owner. Oops, still have a little package of sewing not done. Am I too late? If not will have to get a move on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! You're a fabric rep's dream.........Looking forward to seeing the new fabrics. xx

    ReplyDelete