About us

This is the start of a new adventure for Joan and myself, an exciting new patchwork and quilting shop called Dotty Dolly. We are based in Wellington, Somerset, at 13 Fore Street (opposite the Nat West). You can contact us on 01823 660879.

We are easy to get to from junction 26 on the M5 - come and see us if you are passing by.

Wednesday 6 April 2011

On my own

On my own this week as Joan is off for a few days - reliving her honeymoon with her husband! 

Before she left we met Lisanne (Elisabeth) who has just moved to Taunton, she showed us some of her fabrics from South Africa which were lovely and bright.  She was really enthusiastic and took photos of anything and everything she even took a photo of Alice who served her coffee in the Chocolate Box.   She has a stand at the Shepton Mallet show this weekend so if you are going you should look for her. 

Because Joan is away I have had no-one to talk to about the day so am wandering round the shop talking to myself again, the weather is so lovely at the moment the door is open so people passing by might think I am going slightly mad as I talk to the computer continually.

Joan is back tomorrow, normal service will be resumed and Dawn Cameron Dick is coming here on Friday so am looking forward to that and maybe I will master the art of machine quilting - maybe!!

Delivery just arrived - more boxes to open, brilliant

Debby

4 comments:

  1. Hiya
    Just looked at your website after buying lovely fabric from you at Westpoint.
    I will follow your blog with interest.
    I used to spend many weekends in Wellington in the 80's !
    Good luck with everything
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comments Sue. I see from your blog that you live in Scarborough. I lived there in the early 1960`s - showing my age now! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debby,
    This will make you laugh. Mick and I went to Guernsey for our honeymoon and for our 20th anniverary we thought we would go back and have a look at our hotel. It had been turned into an old people's home. Maybe for our 30th anniversary this year we could check in!!
    Love Shirley.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again Sue, (Vintage from the Village) I really am showing my age now, as I`ve just realised that you are from Ivybridge, not Scarborogh, close! Pleased to see you have discovered verykerryberry. I met Kerry at the Exeter show and hadn`t seen her for 10 years, but her blog is great. Joan

    ReplyDelete