About us

This is the start of a new adventure for Joan and myself, an exciting new patchwork and quilting shop called Dotty Dolly. We are based in Wellington, Somerset, at 13 Fore Street (opposite the Nat West). You can contact us on 01823 660879.

We are easy to get to from junction 26 on the M5 - come and see us if you are passing by.

Friday 3 June 2011

Cardiff


Thought I would make contact with the outside world.  Have been up in Cardiff all week on new baby duty.  It has been really good to spend some time with the family and particularly the new addition Charlie.  However, I am quite looking forward to a rest when I come home!

On Tuesday we went to St Fagans, the The Musuem of Welsh Life, which is just down the road from where my daughter lives.  If you have never been it is well worth a visit.  It doesn`t cost anything to get in, apart from £3.50 for the carpark.  There are lots of lovely old buildings which have been moved to the musuem, including a chapel, a church, old farm buildings, terraces, even a pre-fab, and lots lots more.  The walks are great, and lots of animals along the way, and on the farm.   We have been loads of times, but each time we go we discover something else.  This time we found a beautiful formal garden and a large manor house, which we didn`t get a chance to look at, thats something for next time.  There is a big exhibition centre, and a collection of Welsh Quilts which are well worth a look at.

I managed to get a bit of sewing completed this week, but not much.  The priority was a new pair of curtains for Charlie`s bedroom.  I`m looking forward to making the quilt and a few things such as bunting and cushions to go with it.  A nautical theme is what is required Katie my daughter informs me.

I did bring some quilting with me, but haven`t managed to get much done.  I am working on a disappearing 9 patch quilt in creams and soft pinks, with some appliqued hearts.  Anne Baxter is running a workshop on this on Wednesday 16th June.  Its such a lovely simple technique which looks a lot more complicated than it is.  I`ve tried to take a couple of photographs, but in the dining room at 10 pm  in the evening, they are not very good, and the safety pins look as if there are marks on the quilt, however I have tried my best.  My son-in-law has helped me download the photographs, he is very patient, and must think I am very stupid, but we got there in the end.







I`m really looking forward to getting back to the shop and seeing the new fabric that has been delivered while I have been away.  Not sure who is looking forward to me getting back the most, Debby has held the fort all week and is probably ready for a rest. 

Joan

1 comment:

  1. That looks very pretty Joan and I am sure that you have been missed whilst you were babysitting. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete